Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Forced Without Consent

I fear blogs. In fact, I loathe them. They intimidate me. I feel like I have to be creative or bring something new to the table, but Im convinced I have little to offer.

My fear of blogs is like my fear of Twitter. To further allow you to take a risky dive into this dysfunctional brain of mine, I will recall a story that depicts my brain perfectly. One time, I sat at my kitchen counter on a worthless Friday night attempting to decide if I felt like begin alone or social, a reoccurring debate inside my head, and after pacing my house for a good half hour I decided to sit down and create a Twitter account. Go figure.

People for years have been attempting to convince me that "Twitter is where its at," I beg to differ. First things first, Facebook brings me so much joy it's to a point of ridiculousness and last, but not least, I hardly care about your one sentence tweets on life -- "so done," "so angry." Is it terrible for me to admit that I SoHo don't care. I figure we can agree; I don't care about your life, you don't care about mine. Anyway, I digress, point being is that I dislike twitter, not only because my lack of interest in your life and my disgust in your dire need for sympathy, but because it requires creativity.

So I sat at the counter for 3 hours, yes you heard me, 3 hours, attempting to think of a creative username -  sketchpad and all. I wrote down every thought that came to mind, but I made no commitment. I wanted it to be so much more than just a username. Something humorous obviously, I'm all about sarcasm, but then again something that defined me. By the end of the night I only concluded one thing:
I will never create a blog or twitter account unless forced and it will most definitely be without my consent.

So here I am, blogging. I am a straight up blogger and a straight up G nonetheless.
So I will now take this moment to apologize for my lack of creativity; hence my URL.

Much love people. Consider my first entry and intro complete.
Peace.

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely NOT lacking in creativity as you did come up with these "sarcastic" and amusing things to write about for your blog. I must say, sarcasm and humor requires A LOT of creativity. Nevertheless, I must agree with you on the part that blogs intimidate as well. I never know what news things I have to offer, but you on the other hand, are definitely bringing a lot more than you think to your posts. Well, that was just some thoughts I had on my mind that I thought I should share with you. Can't wait to read more of your sarcasm/humor! haha

    ReplyDelete