Friday, February 24, 2012

Reflect on THIS.

This, this right here, is my Rhetorical Analysis Reflection.

I can't deny that I didn't enjoy this paper as much as the OpEd.
This paper reminded me of the tedious AP LIT papers I used to write, but worse.

I don't like the strict format and requirement; it hardly encouraged creativity.
I felt like I had no opportunity to present new ideas or new observations to the table, because anyone who would have analyzed "King of Accordion" would have seen the exact same things.

BUT, I will end on a positive note: I throughly enjoyed the writing lab this time. My helper was a gem and I liked her quite a bit. She got the job done efficiently and gave me a lot of direction. She was golden.

Other than that, RA paper is a no go.

2 comments:

  1. This paper totally reminded me of AP lit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This paper reminded me of high school in general. The strict format and lack of creativity paired up with a formula-like rubric restricts an opportunity to show good writing.

    ReplyDelete