Friday, February 3, 2012

These just might have potential.






The author of this blog quotes himself as "a long time resident who shares his love of New York City." He is addressing the modern, every day Americans who share his same love and passion for New York City: so essentially, people like me.


I found this blog and was quite ecstatic about it. The man is awesome and I'm convinced that we would be real good friends. His material is hilarious and very personal--I like it. Each of his blog posts evoke different emotions, but they are all similar in their sarcasm and appreciation for the regular person.


The first image, I'll Take The Beret, he's trying to address those interested in both Fashion and Classic French Culture. He is trying to evoke a sense of going back in time and acknowledging the past.


The second image, King of Accordion, is an awesome story about a homeless man who is very down to Earth. In fact, I want to be friends with him. Seriously look at that beard, it's practically irresistible. In this particular blog the author his trying to address those who have an appreciation for the lower class American citizens who, in my opinion, have actually lived. 


The third image, Garish Glory, is my next hot spot. Like seriously, a spandex shop, haha soHo Ha-mazing: I want to go there, now. I like how he takes a simple shop and creates a post about it. It's addressing both those who appreciate hilariousness, but also owners of weird businesses. A spandex shop can actually make it in the world, people: my life... is complete. 

3 comments:

  1. That second picture is hilarious. His beard... wow. I thought that the spandex one was good, though it is kind of weird to think about having a shop just for spandex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these posts look interesting, Carissa. My only worry is that they're all a bit short--I wouldn't want you to feel like you didn't have enough material to, well, analyze. That said, the pictures and other aspects of each post could make up for that (and, honestly, you could probably write an entire RA on just a paragraph, if you put your mind to it, so length shouldn't really be that much of a problem). So, if you're up to it, I think any of these could make a great RA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love all the pictures! As far as the articles go, I've always wanted to wear a buret but have never had the guts. Some people can pull it off and others just can't. The third article is also very interesting. I love all the descriptive words they use. Whatever way you choose to go, I'm sure it will be great.

    ReplyDelete